Welcome to Masjid Ibrahim
About Peel Islamic Cultural Center
Peel Islamic Cultural Center (PICC) is a non-profit making, charitable, religious, non-political and independent organization dedicated for the welfare and education of the Muslim community in the areas of Brampton and Mississauga areas.
Background & Achievements
- June-2007, Initiated as a small prayer place from basement of a house.
- Sep-2008, Grown into a little larger group, rented facility to operate Taha Musallah.
- Dec-2008, Signed agreement to acquire 2.1 acres land to build a new Masjid.
- Feb-2009, Acquired land to build Masjid Ibrahim (Paid $400,000 and 1 millon to be paid)
- May-2011, Masjid Ibrahim land fully paid in total: $1.4 million
Aims and Objectives
- Establish, maintain and conduct a society for the teaching and instruction of its members in the fundamental and moral principles (Sunnah) of Islam.
- Carry out all Society activities according to the Quran and Sunnah of Islam.
- Establish, maintain and conduct a Masjid (Mosque) with a Prayer Hall to pray to the Almighty Allah (Subhana Watallah), in the manner prescribed in the Sunnah.
- Provide facilities for marriages according to Islamic tradition (Sunnah).
- Acquire and maintain a cemetery or part thereof and to provide other facilities for the burial of Muslims.
- Print, publish, sell and distribute Islamic Literature and maintain an Islamic Library.
- To serve as the center for all social, cultural, and other related activities.
- Carry out any other necessary activity for the furtherance of the declared Aims and Objectives of the Society.