In late 2008 soon after the inception of the Masjid Ibrahim project a 2.4 acre land was identified as preferred location for Masjid Ibrahim. The site was in the heart of south west Brampton at the intersection of Mavis road and Clementine drive very close to the current Musalla.
Some key factors were kept in mind during the land selection phase such as:
- Easy access by public transport
- Mosque accessibility aspect
- Adequate space for construction for future expansion
- Parking space, meeting the government’s requirements
- Proper zoning as per City of Brampton requirements.
Phase 2 of the Masjid Ibrahim is currently in progress. After the successful completion of Phase 1 by the grace of Allah, phase 2 was formally announced and initiated. The key milestones for this phase are as follows
Note: All dates and timeframes provided for future activities are expected/planned timelines and are subject to change without notice.
- Initiation of the construction fund.
- Completing architectural drawing. COMPLETED
- Obtain City Of Brampton approval for the architectural drawings. COMPLETED
- Commencement and completion of basement construction. IN-PROGRESS
|City Of Brampton Approval||$500,000||Completed|
|Initiation Of Basement Construction||$500,000||In-Porgress|
|City Charges||1 Million||In-Progress|
|Full building construction||$2 Million CA$||In-Progress|
|Total Phase Cost||$4.8 mil|